Saturday 17 May 2014

Hello from Glasgow!

Hello Mrs. Simpson's class!

The last place I was in was Glasgow, Scotland! I was lucky enough to be able to stay with a good friend of mine named Rachel. It was so much fun having someone show me around their city. Glasgow is the biggest city in Scotland, even though it's not the capital. It is a beautiful city, but it rains every day there! That was the only thing I didn't really like about it.



This was when we spent some time exploring a botanical garden. One day we traveled to small town called Balmaha to go hiking up a large hill called Conic Hill. From there we had a fantastic view of Loch Lomond. In Scotland lakes are often called lochs - you may remember this from Loch Ness, where the famous Loch Ness Monster lives.



This is what Loch Lomond looks like!

Scotland is the second last country I am visiting. Right now I am writing this from Madrid, Spain, where I am staying with family. It is very sunny and warm here, much warmer than Scotland!


No comments:

Post a Comment