Thursday 29 May 2014

Hola from Madrid, Spain!

Hello Mrs. Simpson's class!

Can you believe that I'm coming home in two days? I can't! I am very excited to get to see my family and Bancroft again!

I have spent the past two weeks in Madrid, the capital of Spain. It's a beautiful city!



This is the town hall! It used to be the post office as well.



My uncle and his family, who I'm staying with, love watching soccer (or football, as it's called in Europe). They took me to a live game and we sat only six rows away from the field. People love soccer here just as much as Canadians love hockey!

Something that I think that is very different from home is the Spanish concept of the day. Most stores don't open in Madrid until around 10 AM, and then close for the "siesta", or lunchtime/nap time, around 2-4 PMish. And then it doesn't get dark until around 10 PM, and that's when most people eat dinner. It isn't very common for the streets and restaurants to be busy until midnight!

Just over two days from now I will be home! Mrs. Simpson and I are hopefully going to figure out a time for me to come see you guys before the summer begins. Can you believe that this is the last entry I will write to you guys? I've hope you've enjoyed reading about my adventures around the world as much as I have enjoyed writing them.

See you soon,
Rebecca





No comments:

Post a Comment