Monday 27 January 2014

Almost in Japan!

Hello Mrs. Simpson's class!

We arrive tomorrow in Yokohama at 8 AM on Wednesday. That should be around when you are asleep in Bancroft on Tuesday! The time difference is quite significant now.

Although our ship stops in Yokohama, my friends and are I are planning to travel to Tokyo.

Tokyo is the capital of Japan and is considered the largest metropolitan area in the world. You may think of it as one big city, but it is actually made up of 23 smaller cities that all merged into one. Approximately 13 million people live in Tokyo! In comparison, about 2.8 million people live in Toronto. I think Toronto is a big city, so I'm quite nervous to explore Tokyo.

After Tokyo we are traveling to Kyoto. Kyoto has a population of 1.5 million, and was the capital of Japan for almost a thousand years. It is famous for being full of Japanese history, including castles and shrines.

Finally, we will travel to Kobe and spend a couple days there, where we will meet up with the ship (it's traveling over sea while we travel over land).

Here are a couple important Japanese words that I've been learning!

Good day - Konichiwa
Good bye - Sayonara
Thank you - Arigatou
I don't understand - Wakarimasen

I can't wait to tell you about all my adventures in Japan!

Sayonara!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment