Thursday 6 March 2014

More answers!

1. Yes, I got a little bit seasick when the ship was rocking. On the
ship they offer seasickness medication that helps settle your stomach
and I took some of that. I wasn't as sick as some of my friends though
because I didn't throw up.

2. My friend's class in Vietnam was an American history class! The
teacher is American and the class was in English. When I was there they
were learning about World War I and II. The Vietnamese students are
learning English so the teacher spoke very slowly and repeated herself
to make sure everyone understood. I took a couple notes on interesting
things she said, but I had already heard most of it before!

3. I saw a few dolphins while the ship was arriving in Hawaii but I
haven't seen any whales yet! My professor told me that when we get close
to South Africa we will see a lot of whales.

4. Ice coffee tastes like very cold, very sweet coffee. They add a lot
of milk and sugar so it tastes yummy! I normally don't like coffee but
because it was so hot in Vietnam the ice tasted especially wonderful.

5. It is very tricky to pronounce my friend's name! It took me a long
time to get it right. Ngan is pronounced sort of like "nugun", but you
have to try to keep the sound flat and in the back of your mouth.

6. Ngan tried really hard to teach me Vietnamese but I wasn't very good
at it! It is a tricky language. "Xin chao" is pronounced "Sin chow" and
it means hello! "Cam on" is pronounced "Gam un" and it means thank you.
I taught her the word "stupendous" because it is one of my favourite
words in English.

7. My Vietnamese friends taught me how to eat the duck egg. You crack
the top with a spoon and then scoop out the insides. It surprised me
because it tasted a lot like a normal egg! The texture was a lot like a
hard-boiled egg.

8. It is very difficult to decide my favourite food! I liked a lot of
the food I have eaten. Hmm, I think if I had to pick one food it would
be odon in Japan. Odon is warm soup and noodles with fried chicken. It
was perfect when we were walking around in cold Japan.

Thank you for all your questions! I love answering them.

In three days I will arriving in India. Do you remember me showing you
pictures of the Taj Mahal? I am so excited to go see it!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment